Ayurvedic GIT (Gastrointestinal tract)
What is GIT (gastrointestinal tract) Disorder
The GIT tract is a series of hollow organs joined in a long, twisting tube from the mouth to the anus. The hollow organs that make up the GI tract are the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, and anus. The liver, pancreas, and gallbladder are the solid organs of the digestive system.
How are GIT(gastrointestinal tract) Diseases Treated in Ayurveda
For centuries, Ayurveda has offered holistic solutions for a wide range of ailments, including Gynaecology. Uttarabasti, Yoni Prakashalanam, and Yoni Pichu are three popular oil rituals we provide at our Kerala Ayurvedic treatment centre for gynaecology diseases. In Uttarabasti, oils are administered into the uterus whereas, in Yoni Prakashalanam, medicated oils are used in the vaginal canal
Understanding the Root of the Problem:
According to Ayurveda, the root cause of gynecological diseases lies in an imbalance of the three doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. These energy forces govern various bodily functions, and when they become imbalanced, it can manifest as various gynecological issues.
Personalized Treatment Plans:
Ayurveda offers a holistic approach to treating gynaecological diseases, focusing on restoring balance and promoting overall well-being.
- Panchakarma: This detoxification process helps eliminate accumulated toxins (ama) that contribute to gynecological issues. Techniques like Virechana (purgation) and Basti (enema) are commonly used.
- Dietary modifications: Specific diets are recommended based on dosha imbalance and the individual’s needs. Vata-balancing diets emphasize warming and grounding foods, while Pitta-balancing diets focus on cooling and calming foods.
- Herbal remedies: A vast array of herbs with specific properties are used to address various gynaecological issues. Examples include:
- Ashoka: Supports hormonal balance and uterine health.
- Shatavari: Nourishes reproductive tissues and balances hormones.
- Guduchi: Boosts immunity and helps manage inflammation.
- Kumari (aloe vera): Soothes pain and promotes healing.
- Yashtimadhu (liquorice): Balances hormones and reduces inflammation.
- Lifestyle modifications: Yoga, pranayama (breathing exercises), and meditation play a crucial role in managing stress and promoting hormonal balance.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Care:
- Holistic Approach: Ayurveda takes a holistic view of the body and mind, recognizing the interconnectedness of physical, emotional, and mental health
- Personalized Treatment: Ayurveda emphasizes personalized care based on your unique Prakriti (dosha constitution) and Vikriti (imbalances). This ensures that treatment plans are tailored to your specific needs and address your individual imbalances, leading to more effective and targeted results
- Natural Remedies: Utilizes safe and effective herbal formulations with minimal side effects.
- Focus on Overall Wellness: Ayurveda places a strong emphasis on prevention, providing guidance on maintaining hormonal balance
Ailments We Treat
Ayurveda offers a holistic approach to managing chronic constipation, focusing not just on relieving symptoms but also on correcting underlying imbalances.
Acidic Peptic Disorder
Ayurveda takes a holistic approach to managing acidic peptic disorders, which encompass conditions like hyperacidity, heartburn, and peptic ulcers
Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder that affects the stomach and intestines, also called the gastrointestinal tract
Along with natural remedies, modifying your diet is key according to Ayurveda: Favor cooling, easy-to-digest foods like mung dal, rice, cooked vegetables, milk, and ghee
Ayurveda takes a multi-pronged approach to treating ulcers, focusing on balancing your doshas, addressing the underlying cause, and promoting healing
GIT(gastrointestinal tract) Treatments at Vaidyaratnam Vrindavan Ayurveda Chikitsalayam
Vaidyaratnam Vrindavan Ayurveda Chikitsalayam is a leading Ayurvedic medical centre in India that specializes in gastrointestinal treatments. The centre offers a variety of Ayurvedic therapies that are designed to restore balance to the female reproductive system and to promote overall health and well-being.